I’m contacting you, my representative, to ask that you urge your colleagues in Congress and the Biden Administration to immediately pass legislation that will support all people in the United States, Puerto Rico and all territories, no matter their immigration status, in this moment of crisis. The scale of this historic disaster demands that we go big. If we fail to do so, millions more will suffer, thousands more will die, and this moment will be seen as a failure of Democratic leadership in the 2022 elections. Please express your public support for the following:
1) Cash assistance for all: Monthly $2,000 checks for all, no matter their insurance or immigration status, as long the pandemic continues.
2) Healthcare: Build a public health job corps and a navigator program to accelerate COVID testing, contact tracing, and vaccination efforts while simultaneously providing job training and employment opportunities.
3) Housing: Expanded eviction moratoriums, rental forgiveness, prevent private equity and large corporate landlord abuses.
4) Legalization for millions of essential workers: Citizenship for essential workers to recognize the more than 5-6 million essential workers who are risking their lives every day to keep the country running.
5) Unemployment Insurance: Cash assistance ends in March. We need to make sure we make UI last as long as the pandemic continues with at least a $600 federal supplement, and that there are retroactive checks for folks that went without support for months.